Monday, June 18, 2007

i usually do a budget type thing on quicken for the next payday. i did it for the 1st, i will be paying off a $300 credit card with a shocking 30% interest rate (yep you read right) and with that we have about and we are paying my dad back $100 and then $30 in donations (we should be donating more but....). after that we have about 990 left depending on how much my husband gets for pay. i have put in that he is getting paid 1300 but usually we get closer to 1500. he just got a raise because he advanced (wahoo) so it will hopefully be more because of back pay for the month of june. i would like to pay off his $500 dollar card but we ran into a problem plus we have a pre-existing one. i found a 'tear' on our frint driverside tire. i think it is due to alot of wear. the pre-existing problem is that our alignment is WAY off, and it keeps getting worse. so i am going to get that stuff done before paying on his credit card. hopefully it lasts until the first but i might just take it in before then and put it on our firestone card and then pay that off on the 1st.

i just hope i pay it off, i have a tendency to just pay the minimum on the card i charge up and then send the cash. that is what got us here in the first place. we have alot of money coming in each month. my husband is a first class in the navy so we get about $1500 take home pay every two weeks and then on the first of the month we get about $1400 adoption money. so that is about 4400 dollars a month. you say might be saying "how can you be in debt with so much money coming in". i blame it all on my parents..well ok not really. but i learned all my spending habits from them. they would go out and buy the best things but they were inpatient so they wouldnt save the money but would put it on the card. sometimes after a while that item would sit unused. but having 5 kids most of it got used.

my husband and i are very spontaneous when it comes buying things, such as a truck, a big screen tv, a motorcycle. for some reason we cant save our money. and i tend to buy things we dont need, little stuff like movies, stupid stuff for the house, mainly things that i think we need (but of course we dont) or i think i am going to use but dont. so my goal with this blog is to work out my problems with spending. when i have an urge to run out and buy the latest 'in' thing i will try to come and write here and maybe it will help with the urges. maybe i can get to the root of my spending problems. i am also hoping that it will help me keep track of paying off our debt and be a reminder of how far we have come and how far we need to go.

1 comment:

Christine Rice said...

Danielle,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I had to pop over to see yours. I read through several of your most recent posts, but the budgeting thing really struck me. Sounds like me years ago! I dug my way out with a system I created and I want to offer to send you the manual...free. No strings, no cost, honest...just send me your address. Email me at christine@organizeittoday.com with the info and I'll mail it out. I just feel compelled to try to help you!