Saturday, December 01, 2007

missing my husband

to my husband

it has been about 18 days since i have gotten an email from you, and before that 12. it has been 30 days since i last talked to you on the phone. it has been 81 days since i saw your face and kissed your sweet lips.

every morning i rush anxiously to the computer and check my email. is there one from you? and of course theres not, but i say 'maybe later in the day'. all through out the day i check it, no new emails it says. i think to myself 'maybe later'. later at night as i am sitting by myself because the kids are all tucked into bed i wish to hear from you, but of course there is nothing. but even though i dont get an email from you i know i am one day closer to hearing from you and one day closer to seeing you.



i miss you so much but i am so proud of what you do. i know its hard being underwater and having no contact with your family for sometimes weeks at a time. i cant imagine the thoughts that go through your head. just know that your family loves you very much and we are so proud of you!



love your wife

2 comments:

Kimi said...

i think that's the sweetest thing i've ever read dani. i hope he gets to read it.

Beth said...

AWH. You make me sad. I hope he reads it.

P.S. When did you learn how to write so well?