Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Independence

So this morning as I was driving down the freeway, after taking Shirley to her post-op appointment, I was thinking what I would say to my kids when they were starting to drive and this is what I came up with.

I would tell them it is ok to be afraid but don't let the fear take control of your life. I let it and it took over 11 years to get my license. (For those of you who know me fear has controlled a lot of me.) Having these kids has helped me a lot. It has forced me and made me want to do more things. I wish I had kids sooner! I guess it was just Gods way of teaching me to be patient and lean on him.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

I am so glad that you started one of these. And I am so proud of how you have taken on these kids and taken care of them. You are amazing!

Beth said...

My sister rocks. I'm so glad you started this. I've been wanting you to for so long. I love you. I love you. I love you!!! I'm so glad you are finally learning things about yourself and figuring out that you are a strong person. I love you!